Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mission Week

Mission Week was great this year. My favorite parts were the job shadow experience that had and the opportunity to go on a college visit. I job shadowed a cardiologist and was able to truly see what he does and whether or not I like it. My college visit was amazing as well. I went to Georgetown and UK and found that I like smaller schools better. Mission Week brought to light issues in our community and how we can attempt to fix them. I loved Mission Week this year and can't wait until next year's comes around!
~Katelyn S. '12
Mission Week is one of my favorite weeks ever since freshman year, and this year was definitely no exception! On Monday the whole school listened to Anna Scally who is an inspirational speaker and the official DJ for the Vatican. She gave a very good presentation. The rest of the day girls went to Mercy & Values sessions about everything from kayaking to dream interpretation to cup cake decorating. The school also was given the opportunity to watch the winter BLOOM Theatre Project production Patterns We Create. The week really was amazing - one group of seniors went on Assumption's first international mission trip to Jamaica! Freshmen went on field trips, sophomores performed ACTS service, and juniors zumba danced and went on job shadows and college visits. What a week!
-Mary-Kate S. '12
Mission Week for juniors is full of tons of excitement. On Monday we participated in our Mission & Values sessions. On Tuesday and Wednesday we were able to conduct our job shadow. This allowed us to really get a feel for a job that we are interested in. Wednesday we got to zumba and learn all about diversity. On Thursday we could go on a college visit to begin preparing for senior year. It was a very exciting week!
~Alex M.

Last week Assumption celebrated the annual Mission Week. I had been able to participate in it as a freshman but this year was a totally different experience as a sophomore. On Monday we heard a speaker and went to different Mission & Values sessions. I went to one called Exercise for Couch Potatoes and learned some moves to do in front of the TV. I also got the chance to see the amazing BLOOM Theatre Project, Patterns We Create. On Tuesday I took a practice ACT test and learned some basic self defense moves. Then on Wednesday and Thursday all sophomores went out to their ACTS agencies to perform service. Last week was so great and I love that it will change each year as I go through my years at AHS!
-Anne D. '13

No comments: